The Best of British Tours with Rabbie's
Posted on 3 Jan 2023
Exploring the country by joining fantastic British tours will leave you with memories to last a lifetime. With plenty of fascinating history and endless iconic landmarks, you’ll never want to stop visiting new destinations. Luckily, there’s no shortage of spots worth visiting in the UK. Embarking on a British tour can be achieved with ease from the Highlands of Scotland all the way down to the bustling city of London. We have lots of suggestions when it comes to the best of British tours, no matter which area of the country you start your journey. Let us guide you through some of our top picks.
Table of Contents:
Best of Scotland
What better place to start than from the very top, with the beautiful country of Scotland. Thanks to its rich cultural heritage and unbeatable natural landscape, Scotland makes an excellent choice when choosing somewhere to take a British tour. What’s more, there are multiple convenient spots from which to begin your trip. All that’s left to do is sit back and enjoy everything this stunning part of the world has to offer.
Tours from Edinburgh
The capital of Scotland, Edinburgh is famed for its medieval town centre, breathtaking castle and many engrossing museums. Visiting Edinburgh is a treat in itself but this city is also a great starting point for exploring more Scottish gems.
Here are just a few of the wonderful sights to see when taking a British tour from Edinburgh:
- The Isle of Skye - This famous Scottish island will dazzle you with its dramatic landscapes that have inspired legends and appeared in movies. Exploring this picturesque location, our Isle of Skye tour will allow you to take in the most beautiful sights on the island as well as the must-see Eilean Donan Castle, Glencoe and Five Sisters of Kintail.
- Loch Ness, Inverness & The Highlands - Lovers of a beautiful landscape will enjoy taking in the impressive sights of Cairngorms National Park, which can be seen on our tour of Loch Ness, Inverness & The Highlands. Spotting Urquhart Castle is another must for those who love engaging in local history during a British Tour. The crowning glory of this trip from Edinburgh is a chance to wander around the shores of the mysterious Loch Ness, world-famous for its connection to the Loch Ness monster legend.
Tours from Glasgow
For a different perspective of Scotland, take a short 1-hour train journey from Edinburgh to the city of Glasgow. Being the culture capital of Scotland, it can be the base for plenty of British tours and a way to explore other fantastic areas of the country.
Here’s just a taste of what you can expect from a Scottish tour from Glasgow:
- Stirling Castle & Loch Lomond - Also known as the “Key to Scotland”, Stirling Castle makes essential viewing for any fan of British tours. Complete with arresting views and impressive architecture, it’s a perfect choice when taking in the best Scotland has to offer. Plus, a trip to Glengoyne Whisky Distillery and sampling their delicious whisky at the place it’s distilled is simply a must. Experience it for yourself on our 1-Day Stirling Castle & Loch Lomond tour.
- Outlander Adventure - Fans of the hit TV series must embark on a British tour to see the sights from the small screen. With several castles including Doune Castle and Blackness Castle, you’ll have no trouble picturing scenes from your favourite show as you tour the sites first-hand. Our Outlander Adventure tour stops at five locations that are important to the show, so be ready with your camera to get the perfect picture.
Best of England
The exciting world of British tours doesn’t have to end in Scotland. Flying for less than an hour and a half between Edinburgh and London will open you up to twice the potential for British tours. Jump on a tour from the capital city of London and venture across England to explore more beautiful spots.
- Devon & Cornwall - Escape to the postcard-esque scenes of coastal England with a tour to the southern counties of Devon & Cornwall. Thanks to its beloved legends of King Arthur, this region makes a must-visit area for tourists.
- The Yorkshire Dales & Peak District - Heading a little further north will bring you to the beautiful valleys and market towns of the Yorkshire Dales & Peak District. Enjoy an authentic Bakewell tart in the historic town of Bakewell, and bask in the natural prowess of Robin Hood’s Bay whilst on your British tour to this area.
- Bath & the South West Coast - Home to one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, Stonehenge, the region of Bath & the South West Coast is one to be experienced in your lifetime. There are plenty of hidden gems to be discovered in the Roman city of Exeter, plus stunning photo opportunities at Durdle Door.
Best of Ireland
Make use of London’s well-connected routes to the beautiful country of Ireland to continue the next leg of your British tour. Just 1 hour and 20 minutes on the plane from London to Dublin will take you directly to the base for plenty more adventures touring around the country.
Find inspiration in our best spots for touring Ireland:
- Northern Ireland & Atlantic Coast - Get the best coverage of this gorgeous island by touring its northernmost regions from Dublin. The region is full of astounding natural beauty from the dramatic coastline to the legendary Giant’s Causeway. You can also immerse yourself in the historic capital of Belfast to tick yet another major city from your list. See the regenerated waterfront where the infamous ship was constructed during a visit to the Titanic Quarter and be moved by its tragic history. Combine with a stop in Galway to relish in cosy local pubs and witness local traditions first-hand.
- South West Ireland - For a change of pace, a tour of the South West of Ireland will leave you revitalised by the stunning natural beauty. Cruise along the majestic driving route of the Wild Atlantic Way and be blown away by the beauty of the Dingle Peninsula. Stand alongside the 700 ft drop of the Cliffs of Moher and marvel at incredible views you’ll remember for a lifetime.
- West Coast of Ireland - Be at one with wildlife on a British tour to Ireland’s gorgeous West Coast, complete with a trip to Connemara National Park and its panoramic views. For a taste of local culture, visit Kilbeggan Distillery. Here, you can sample whiskey in this oldest licensed distillery in the entire world.
Best of Wales
Last but not least, a British tour would not be complete without sightseeing opportunities around Wales. Continue the Celtic themes explored in Ireland by visiting all the must-see spots in the affectionately named “Land of Song”. From the convenient base of London - or from Manchester for those located further north - you can tour the very best Wales has to offer with ease.
- Snowdonia, North Wales & Chester - Explore beaches, a national park and more with a trip through the beautiful North Wales. On the bucket list of many tourists is the jaw-dropping Snowdonia, appreciated for its scenic walking routes and dramatic views. Be wowed by the 13th-century architecture of Conwy Castle on your travels through this amazing region. Lovers of a traditional seaside trip will adore Llandudno with its Victorian pier and quintessentially British charm.
Explore the Best of Britain with Rabbie’s
British tours are made accessible by Rabbie’s. Explore the next region on your bucket list with our tours for small groups around Scotland, England, Wales and Ireland. On our trips you can sit back and relax as you travel comfortably by luxury mini-coach and soak up the scenery.
Book a tour now or sign up to our newsletter for all the latest updates about new tours and departure points.